- It was my birthday on Friday! I was so very very spoilt and showered with presents and lovely wishes and had a great day.
- It's my other best friend's birthday today! Happy Birthday Som-Som. Even though I don't remember how we met, I'm so glad that we are still friends now and I couldn't imagine my life without you and our Monopoly nights.
- It was also her first wedding anniversary yesterday! I can't believe how fast time flies.
- Go make this Raspberry Butter Cake - it's delicious.
- Michael bought me a voucher to attend a calligraphy workshop, and I'm so excited to go. It's not until June, which I feel like is too long to wait!
- My gal pals also bought me a voucher to go to a pastry & doughnut making workshop! I've been practicing doughnuts, but I don't think I have the patience to wait for the yeast to rise. Hopefully this class will give me some more pointers.
- Mum made me the most beautiful quilt. I'm sure I've mentioned before how amazing she is - go check her out here and here.
- I went to a hen's party on the weekend, and we participated in some live nude drawings. It was very fun.
- I made these cute cupcakes for a new store opening over the weekend. It's a designer pet accessories store, and there were so many cute dogs invited to the opening!!
- I went to James Parker last night for dinner with the family. I recommend you go check it out. It's a sushi and sake place in Northbridge and the food was delish!
Tuesday, 3 May 2016
Tuesday, 26 April 2016
- I spent the weekend baking 3000 heart cookies for an upcoming order. At least this time I'm not trying to get them all done in one night, the day after my friend's wedding and night before heading to Bali for a holiday! (Lesson definitely learnt last year!!)
- Snapchat's new face-swap with a picture in your camera roll - so great. I swaped my face with a donut. Never looked better!
- I went out for dinner on Saturday night with my gal pals to the Flour Factory, and while I was in the bathroom met some lovely ladies celebrating a 40th. They insisted on putting some lipstick on me.. What's the strangest thing that's happened to you when you've gone out for drinks with your gal pals?
- A group in Canberra are baking all the cakes from the Australian Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book. Can't wait to see them all.
- It's starting to get cold here in Perth and these desktop wallpapers help me dream of warmer weather.
- Beyonce's Lemonade - what do you think?
- Speaking of Beyonce, this Ultimate Guide to Single Ladies poster is great.
- Anzac Day was yesterday - which means there is still some time for you to go make these Anzac biscuits, and reflect on what the day means for you.
- I want a floral chandelier in my house - like this one on Sugar & Cloth.
- Cake is a sweet middle finger to broccoli. Love it.
|3000 heart cookies in the making!|
Tuesday, 19 April 2016
- It's my best friend's birthday today! Happy Birthday CMK! I couldn't imagine a life where I didn't get to meet you on that first week of high school 15 years ago.
- I sneakily delivered some cupcakes to her work last night so she would get them today.
- I met Katherine Sabbath over the weekend. I'll do another blog post later just on that, but it was so great to see her demonstrate her techniques and give us little home-baker tips and tricks.
- I went over to a friends house on the weekend for Mexican and Margaritas. They just bought a new house and were having a little goodbye old house get-together.
- I'm already planning mother's day cookies and cake packages for Sweetly Baked.. What are you planning for mother's day this year?
- We made some cute treats for an 80th high tea on Saturday. Including some Mario one up mushroom marshmallow treats!!
- I also made this star cake for a little girls 5th birthday. I made her brother's birthday cake a couple of years ago.
- We booked a trip to Bali on Friday! Can't wait. A whole week at the end of June to relax and soak up the sun.
- Do you know about Creative Market? It's chock full of fonts and designs that you can buy and use in your design work. AND on Tuesdays (could be Mondays everywhere else in the world) they release 6 Free Goods for the week.
- We've been bird sitting my mum's pink & grey gallah (Robyn) this week. He's been such a rascal! But he's so beautiful.
|Bits & Sprinkles - 13-19 April 2016|
Tuesday, 12 April 2016
- I can't stop watching all the videos on the Pilbara Working Dogs Facebook page. Particularly this one! So many dogs!
- I made some cookies during the week to help promote the Ginger Pride Rally in Melbourne on the 16 April. While I don't have red hair, my mum has red hair and I'm convinced all of my future children will be gingers. So if you're in Melbourne and you're a ginger, go to the pride rally!
- Part of that order was an incredibly early morning delivery and drive to Jarrahdale! For those of you who don't know Perth, it's a good 2 hours drive from me. I did see a very beautiful sunrise though.
- I did a lot of not much over the weekend, which was lovely. Went out for breakfast, potted around the house and watched too much TV. Sometimes it's good to have some days of no responsibilities and no commitments.
- I went back to the night noodle markets over the weekend. What I really wanted was the BlackStar Pastry Strawberry Watermelon Cake, but the line was ridiculously long, so I didn't get to have any. I'll just have to plan a trip to Sydney to get some!
- I made these super adorable baby shower cupcakes over the weekend.
- And these cute little heart cookies for a wedding.
- And this delicious chocolate cake for someone who was finishing up at my work.
- Apparently turning 28 is the new mid-life crisis. I've got 2 more weeks to live it up before I fall into a downward spiral once I realise that I'm reaching the end of my 20's..
- Today is free cone day at Ben & Jerrys! I'm going to go get some free icecream!!!!
Tuesday, 5 April 2016
- My friend came over last night to make a cake for her mum's 60th. She's moving house and has packed up the entire kitchen already so borrowed mine. She iced it and decorated it all herself. So great!
- I went to the Food Truck Rumble on Sunday, and then also stopped in at the Night Noodle Markets afterwards. So much food!
- Cakes that are actually salad!!! So deceiving.
- How hilarious do Michael & I look if we swap faces. Am I the 70's rocker, or the Amish man?
- I'm still eating my Easter Chocolates... I'm pretty sure I say it every year, but I don't think I can eat another chocolate ever again!
- These cute little Instagram cookies were made for a instameet during the week.
- Then these flower cookies were ordered for a little girl who was holding a fundraiser at her school. Adorable.
- AND I made this jungle cake over the weekend for a special little boy's first birthday. So much baking!!
- Did I tell you I got tickets to see Katherine Sabbath when she's in Perth in a few weeks? I CANNOT WAIT!
- Did anyone trick you on April Fool's Day on Friday? OR did you trick someone? Tell us all about it in the comments!
Tuesday, 29 March 2016
- This guy just loves the snow!!! So adorable.
- Did you all have a lovely Easter? I loved having four days off to relax, visit family and catch up with friends.
- Look at these cute peeking rabbit cookies I made.
- We went out for a friend's birthday on Saturday night and drank one too many espresso martinis!
- I had breakfast with my gal pals over the weekend and made these pikelets to take along! The recipe is here if you want to make some for yourself!
- Did you see the Easter Egg Hunt we held on the SBP Instagram?
- Speaking of Instagram.. all weekend everyone I followed were posting images of "turn on post notifications" etc etc. I couldn't think of anything worse then having a hundred notifications a day, buzzing and beeping on my phone. I don't think the new algorithm is going to be as horrible as everyone thinks.
- My little brother (finally) moved out of mum's over the weekend. Into the cutest old, high ceiling, wooden floorboard house I've ever seen!
- The long weekend let me catch up with all my favourite TV Shows. Do you watch How to Get Away With Murder?!! Who do you think shot Wes' Dad?!
- Did you know Easter Monday is called Dyngus Day? I had no idea!