- Still not quite back to work yet? Read this How to nail work lunches every day to help you get back into the swing of things.
- Made these cute hen's party cookies over the weekend.
- Mum & Simon came and had lunch with me on Sunday which was lovely. Life always seems to get in the way and we don't get to hang out as much as I would like. (That's them in the photo btw. I wonder if they knew they were wearing matching tops..)
- How cute are these girls at Charli's Crafty Kitchen. How have I not seen them before. Such great tutorials as well.
- Amsterdam are getting an Avocado only restaurant! Someone take me please.
- Actually, Perth has it's own avocado festival. Might be slightly cheaper than a flight to Amsterdam.
- Corgi oreos! Dogs and biscuits together!! Squee!!!
- I decided to be really productive and meal plan my weekday lunches. It ended up with me eating five lunches of cauliflower. Cauliflower rice, cauliflower balls, cauliflower nuggets! Send help, I think I've turned into a cauliflower.
- I can't stop eating this tomato relish. I made it and I think you'll love it too. (Goes great with cauliflower FYI).
- I just ordered The Pro Froster and I can't wait to try it! I'll let you know how it goes.
Tuesday, 17 January 2017
Tuesday, 10 January 2017
- Missy went home on Thursday. I miss her, even though she just stared at the neighbour's fence all day and didn't really want to play with me.
- Did you watch the Golden Globes? I thought Claire Foy was super cute. Meryl's speech - so great.
- I met up with my brother visiting from Melbourne on Wednesday. We talked about setting resolutions and goals for the year. I still haven't decided on a resolution, besides the usual go to the gym, look for a new job, be a better person ones that I seem to have every year!
- I thought this was an interesting read about conquering negative thinking.
- Test your knowledge with this 2016 Trivia Quiz. The most I could get correct was five in a row..
- I read that Charmed is getting a re-boot in 2017. Apparently they're setting it in 1976 with three sisters. Are these sisters related to the Halliwells? Were Pru, Piper and Phoebe born then? How is it going to work!!
- I made these cute rainbow/unicorn poop cupcakes to take to work on Friday for morning tea. Everyone loved them and they were gone by 9am!
- Ed Sheeran's new songs! So great. But really, who doesn't love Ed!
- These unicorn macarons. Amazing!
- Did you read they've found a new organ in the human body?!
Monday, 9 January 2017
Making curds is one of the easiest and tastiest ways to use them up if you have lots of lemons and limes laying around! I even threw in whole sections of the fruits for extra flavour.
This curd is dairy free, egg free and even gluten free. So if you've been missing lemon curd due to all the egg yolks and butter that its traditionally made with, miss no more!
If you don't have both lemons and limes, you can just use one or the other.
1/2 cup cold water
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lime zest
1/3 cup tapioca flour
Put all your ingredients into a saucepan on low-medium heat. Optional - you can also throw in the lemons and limes that have been juiced and zested.
Mix all ingredients together until the tapioca flour dissolves.
Let come to a rolling boil and the mixture will thicken.
Once mixture is thickened, pour into glass jars and let cool.
Mixture will thicken more overnight as it cools down. You can see the difference between the above photo and the below photo after it had cooled down over night.
Tuesday, 27 December 2016
- You guyyyyyyys. I finally went to Hummus Club and it was everything I dreamed of. Such creamy hummus, such flavourful food! I can't wait to go back and eat everything on the menu that I didn't get to try this time.
- We spent Christmas Eve at my mum's house and I watched It's a Wonderful Life for the first time. Apparently it's Raph's favourite Christmas movie - he gives it a 9/10. What's your favourite Christmas movie?
- My niece and I decorated this pavlova. I also made some profiteroles and a gingerbread and maple swiss roll! I'll put the recipes up soon, once I've practiced the swiss roll a few more times.
- Yesterday I went down to Fremantle with my pals over from Melbourne and we had some drinks at Bather's Beach House. We wanted to go on the beach chairs, but the weather turned cloudy and cold.
- Tonight is Gal-Pal Christmas dinner and secret santa. So exciteddd!!
- How cute are these cookies used for table settings that I made. Such a cute idea.
- I watched the third episode of the Gilmore Girls and I'm wondering why so much of it feels so irrelevant. I think I would have preferred if they were shorter episodes instead of 90 minutes! The scene with the Stars Hollow Musical/Play... why did it go for so long? Jess is still a babe though. Rory just needs to realise she loves him and everyone will be happy.
- I think Missy hates living with us. She just spends all day staring at the next door neighbour's fence.
- Another of my best friends got engaged this week. They were in New York, in front of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree, on Christmas Eve. So cute. So romantic. I can't wait until she's back to get the whole story and enjoy their excitement with them!
- What are your plans for your summer break?
Tuesday, 20 December 2016
- I made this cake for a 21st over the weekend. Something a little bit different to the usual cakes!
- Bruno Mars Carpool Karaoke! How can you not feel insanely happy after watching!
- This video of Liam Neeson auditioning for Santa! It's great.
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate. I need one now.
- I had the last market of the year for Sweetly Baked on Friday night. I forgot how much markets drain you after not having been to many this year!
- We're looking after Emma's other dog Missy for the Christmas Break. I'm so excited to have a doggo in the house, even if it is only for 2 weeks!
- Watch this 3 minute video of 100 Years of Wedding Cakes and Toppers. Which one is your favourite?
- I can't stop listening to Taylor's new song.. I do love her though, so not that surprising I guess.
- I got the most delicious package of biscuits delivered to me during the week as part of the #sweetswapforsanta. I made these chocolate biscuits to gift. You can make them to for Christmas!
- Only 3 more sleeps until two of my best friends come home for Christmas. I can't wait! 10 days of fun summer friend activities!! What are your plans for Christmas?
Tuesday, 13 December 2016
- I helped Mum at her Quilting Club Christmas Party on Wednesday. I manned the photo booth! I'm probably not going to become a quilter any time soon, but it seemed like everyone was having an absolute ball. It was great to see so many different people of different age groups and quilting talents come together!
- Two of my friends went to America this week. I'm insanely jealous of the white Christmas they're going to have.
- I was at the Joondalup Twilight markets again this week. Second last market for the year!
- On Saturday, Michael and I celebrated FIVE years. Time really does fly when you're having fun!
- We had breakfast at the new(ish) Isle of Voyage. I've been waiting and waiting for a chance to go since they opened in September. Plus their other cafe Voyage Kitchen in Sorrento is one of our favourite places, so of course this place would be just as amazing!
- We also wandered around the Perth Makers Markets that were being held in Elizabeth Quay, and managed to get a lot of my Christmas shopping done, buying from small businesses! I got a print from Sponthanaeity for my step-dad Simon and found a garden frog for Michael's dad from As You Wish Ceramics.
- I FINALLY got to start watching the new Gilmore Girls this weekend. I've only watched one episode so far.. I got a bit teary when they started talking about Richard and I'm confused as to how Rory can afford to jet-set around the world, from London to America, back to London, when she doesn't currently have a paying job!
- So.. I also binge watched the entire first season of Teen Wolf. I don't even know if I liked it! But I do love a teen drama!! I'll just keep watching until I can't deal with it anymore.