- I've started "training" for the Step Up for MS. Which has involved too much stair running! I'll keep you updated! So far I'm up to 6 up and downs in a row, which is about 600 stairs. We need to work out way up to 1100 in one go, so we don't die on the day.
- We helped my brother Raph & Carlie move house over the weekend from a dodgy place in a dodgy neighbourhood, to a cute little unit, in a bit of a safer neighbourhood. Yay!
- Did you watch the Logies on Sunday night? I loved what Georgia Love was wearing!
- Speaking of the Bachelorette!! Did you read Sophie Monk is going to be the next one?
- The amazing cakes from the Cake International! I'm in such awe of the amazingness that was created! My absolute fav was this DRESS - made of CAKE!!
- It's ANZAC day today. What does ANZAC day mean to you? For me it's about the sacrifice that so many people made, and it's something that I think deserves respect.
- I made these gluten free, dairy free ANZAC biscuits yesterday. They're made with quinoa flakes, gluten free flour and nuttlex spread. They need a little bit of tweaking, because Michael & I both think they're missing something. If you try the recipe, let me know.
- We made this cute 90th birthday cake over the weekend as well. It has layers of purple white chocolate mud cake and lemon curd on the inside.
- We also made some cute Avengers themed cookies for a 5th birthday on Saturday. Patrick was thrilled with them.
- I finally got to try a S-Cone from Scone Crazy on the weekend. I've been drooling over all their instagram pics for months and months and months.
Tuesday, 25 April 2017
Monday, 24 April 2017
Michael's favourite biscuits are Anzacs.
When we first started dating, I regularly made them for him, swapping out the butter for dairy free substitutes. But, he still somehow ended up sick from eating them!
It wasn't until a few years later, when we found out he also couldn't have gluten, that the mystery was solved! This meant finding a way to still have Anzac biscuits without the flour, oats and butter..
I think this recipe needs a little bit of tweaking. Michael and I both think it's missing something. But, if you can't have gluten, then I think they're a pretty close replica to the real deal.
I took my traditional Anzac biscuit recipe, and swapped out the ingredients for gluten free ones and swapped the butter for a dairy free spread. I also added a bit more golden syrup.
1 cup gluten free plain flour
1 cup quinoa flakes
1 cup dessicated coconut
3/4 cup caster sugar
125 grams dairy free 'butter'
80 grams golden syrup
40 mls water
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees celsius and line 2 cookie trays with baking paper.
Combine the flour, quinoa flakes, coconut and sugar into a mixing bowl.
In a saucepan, place the butter, golden syrup and water. Stir over medium heat until the butter is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
Stir the bi-carb soda into the butter mixture. (My favourite bit! I love when it bubbles!)
Add the butter mixture to the flour and stir until well combined.
Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place onto your prepared cookie tray and flatten to about 1cm thick.
Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Until the biscuits are golden brown in colour. You may need to swap your trays halfway through to have even cooking throughout.
Once cooked, let cool for 10 minutes before moving onto a wire cooling rack.
Tuesday, 4 April 2017
- This interview with the cast of Buffy! Still my all time favourite show.
- 82 things to see, hear and read this April.
- I've had my first full week at my new day job! So far it's been good. There's lots of new things I need to learn about this very different industry, but I'm excited for the weeks to come.
- I am struggling a little bit with part time work.. I need to organise my days off a bit better. I'm finding that I procrastinate and have so much time to get the things done that I want to do, and then don't get them done!
- Jemma & Matt's engagement party was on the weekend, and my gal pals were all together again. I know I only saw them all less than 2 weeks ago, but sometimes it's really hard having half your friends living in different cities!
- I registered for the Step Up for MS during the week. It's to raise money for MS and participants run up the stairs of the Central Park building - 53 flights or 1103 stairs! Eeek!
- I had my last cake class this week. We made naked cakes with chocolate sails and a ganache drip.
- I made an In The Night Garden themed cake this weekend, and the faces on the Tombliboos picked up the snapchat filters. I couldn't stop doing it until the client came to pick up the cake.
- We also made some cupcakes for a 60th birthday party. A mixture of raspberry white chocolate, dark chocolate, lemon and vanilla sprinkle.
- We started our Sweetly Baked Perth Easter Egg Hunt this week. It runs all week, head on over to our Instagram and Facebook for the clues of where to find the prizes.
Tuesday, 28 February 2017
- I can't believe it's the end of Summer already!!
- Did you make pancakes today for Pancake Tuesday? There's a recipe here for gluten free banana pancakes if you want something a bit different.
- Last week's cake class was lots of fun. We covered cakes in chocolate ganache and covered them in fondant and put our cute little lion toppers on top. Even though I've done alot of these things before, I'm really enjoying having someone there showing me how they do it and the different ways that it can be done.
- Oh god. I cried too much in the latest episode of This Is Us. William's story was just too much.
- Speaking of TV shows, I think I've mentioned before how I love teen romance dramas. I really don't want Vampire Diaries to end.
- I also started watching Doubt this week, but just read that it's already been cancelled!! I don't love Katherine Heigl, but I did think that maybe this show would be interesting!
- How was that mix up at the Oscars! So awkward!
- Kaked by Katie is my current insty crush. I love everything.
- This cute little cafe called Little H opened in Duncraig this week. I think it's my new favourite place.
- We made some cute pink cupcakes this weekend for a bride who was giving them to her friend, asking her to be her bridesmaid.
- I quit my day job today. I'll be moving to a similar company, doing a similar role, with a bit more autonomy and room to grow AND the hours are part-time! Which will mean more free days for cake related activities! I can't wait.
Tuesday, 17 January 2017
- Still not quite back to work yet? Read this How to nail work lunches every day to help you get back into the swing of things.
- Made these cute hen's party cookies over the weekend.
- Mum & Simon came and had lunch with me on Sunday which was lovely. Life always seems to get in the way and we don't get to hang out as much as I would like. (That's them in the photo btw. I wonder if they knew they were wearing matching tops..)
- How cute are these girls at Charli's Crafty Kitchen. How have I not seen them before. Such great tutorials as well.
- Amsterdam are getting an Avocado only restaurant! Someone take me please.
- Actually, Perth has it's own avocado festival. Might be slightly cheaper than a flight to Amsterdam.
- Corgi oreos! Dogs and biscuits together!! Squee!!!
- I decided to be really productive and meal plan my weekday lunches. It ended up with me eating five lunches of cauliflower. Cauliflower rice, cauliflower balls, cauliflower nuggets! Send help, I think I've turned into a cauliflower.
- I can't stop eating this tomato relish. I made it and I think you'll love it too. (Goes great with cauliflower FYI).
- I just ordered The Pro Froster and I can't wait to try it! I'll let you know how it goes.
Tuesday, 10 January 2017
- Missy went home on Thursday. I miss her, even though she just stared at the neighbour's fence all day and didn't really want to play with me.
- Did you watch the Golden Globes? I thought Claire Foy was super cute. Meryl's speech - so great.
- I met up with my brother visiting from Melbourne on Wednesday. We talked about setting resolutions and goals for the year. I still haven't decided on a resolution, besides the usual go to the gym, look for a new job, be a better person ones that I seem to have every year!
- I thought this was an interesting read about conquering negative thinking.
- Test your knowledge with this 2016 Trivia Quiz. The most I could get correct was five in a row..
- I read that Charmed is getting a re-boot in 2017. Apparently they're setting it in 1976 with three sisters. Are these sisters related to the Halliwells? Were Pru, Piper and Phoebe born then? How is it going to work!!
- I made these cute rainbow/unicorn poop cupcakes to take to work on Friday for morning tea. Everyone loved them and they were gone by 9am!
- Ed Sheeran's new songs! So great. But really, who doesn't love Ed!
- These unicorn macarons. Amazing!
- Did you read they've found a new organ in the human body?!